Friday, June 25, 2010

Exchange 2010 Recovery Database and Backup Exec 2010

Tonight I finally got around to testing the restore of an Exchange 2010 database. The server has only been online two weeks. The process was so simple I thought I would share it with everyone.

  1. The first thing I did was create the restore database using the New-MailboxDatabase cmdlet: New-MailboxDatabase -Recovery -Name RDB -Server Ex2010
  2. Then I selected New job under the Restore Tasks in Backup Exec 2010
  3. Selected the database to restore under Selections
  4. Selected to Redirect Exchange sets, Redirect using Volume Shadow Copy Service snapshot provider, and entered the server name under Restore to Database or Recovery Database
  5. Selected Commit after restore completes and Mount database after restore under Settings/Microsoft Exchange

That was it. The restore took about 15 minutes to complete and when it was finished the database appeared in the console as mounted. I can now sleep peacefully knowing this database is protected.


No comments: