- The first thing I did was create the restore database using the New-MailboxDatabase cmdlet: New-MailboxDatabase -Recovery -Name RDB -Server Ex2010
- Then I selected New job under the Restore Tasks in Backup Exec 2010
- Selected the database to restore under Selections
- Selected to Redirect Exchange sets, Redirect using Volume Shadow Copy Service snapshot provider, and entered the server name under Restore to Database or Recovery Database
- Selected Commit after restore completes and Mount database after restore under Settings/Microsoft Exchange
That was it. The restore took about 15 minutes to complete and when it was finished the database appeared in the console as mounted. I can now sleep peacefully knowing this database is protected.